Plasmid DNA, a commonly used vector for transfection in mammalian cells, finds application in the development of clones for therapeutic proteins and mAbs in biopharmaceuticals, and for drug compound screening in pharmaceuticals.
Another application area is gene therapy, a promising process for the prevention, treatment, and cure of diseases such as cancer, AIDS, and cystic fibrosis. It involves different techniques ranging from direct injection of naked/lipid coated plasmid DNA to development of AAVs (adeno-associated viruses) and requires large quantities of high-quality plasmid DNA.
MDI Quanta large-scale plasmid purification kits are designed to offer high-quality plasmid DNA for such critical applications.
– High Productivity
– High purity
- RNA free Plasmid DNA: A260/A280 = 1.8-2.0
- A260/230= 2.0-2.2 for low salt content
- Certified Endotoxin free plasmid DNA: <0.1 EU/μg
– Low elution volumes: Highly concentrated plasmid DNA
– Minimal chances of yield losses and contamination:
- No precipitation
- No washing
- No reconstitution